Monday, September 3, 2012

Lynda.com- Illustrator CS6

Vector v.s. Raster
  • Well I already knew about that... So it wasn't anything new.
Setting Preferences
  • There is a lot of helpful things in the settings menu that I didn't even know could be controlled or existed.
  • There are User Interface settings in CS6, which is really nice because if you are used to the older versions of CS, you can turn the interface to the colors the older interface was. 
Touring the Interface
  • Unfortunately he is not telling me much that I don't already know. 
  • Number of undo's? Why is that important. I suppose it would be a fun game to see who undos the least. I would lose that. :)

Working with Documents

  • Oh the snapping! How I occasionally loathe them! So glad he mentioned how to turn that off. (command + u)
  • Oh wow! That info panel (in the Window menu), how amazing! I didn't know about all these grid things with Illustrator, other than the rulers. So very helpful.

Locking and Hiding Artwork

  • I didn't know how to lock specific sublayers, and that there was a way to unlock everything at once (even though thats kind of something obvious).

Transform and Distort

  • I had no idea that even existed. That twisty thing is really awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment